Your website is important. Did that statement surprise you? Hopefully not. But just how deeply your website can affect your business may come as a surprise.
Here are some mind-boggling numbers:
- It takes about 50 milliseconds for users to form an opinion about your website that determines whether they’ll stay or leave.
- 85% of adults think that a company’s website when viewed on a mobile device should be as good or better than its desktop website.
- 47% of Users expect a maximum of 2 seconds loading time for an average website
- 70% of small business websites lack a Call to Action (CTA) on their homepage
- First impressions are 94% design related.
- 75% of consumers admit to making judgements on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design
- 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout are unattractive
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience
Most clients we meet with cringe when they hear these stats because, well, it sounds too daunting and probably too expensive to achieve. When, in reality, it’s truly not (or at least shouldn’t be).
Oftentimes, our clients have websites that aren’t up to par because they’re allowing a third party or agency to build and manage it for them. Yet they spend a lot of money and often windup sacrificing control of it—one of their most valuable assets. They can’t update messaging or calls to action, they can’t make custom graphic or art selections to keep their brand aligned, and because of these or other reasons, they wind up missing out on marketing opportunities and sales.
How we do websites
Cowtown Creative believes that every business owner should have direct access to his or her website. It should be easy to update at least the most important information, like location, calls to action, and hours of operation. But there should also be no limitation to the access an owner has to making other changes that help ensure the website is aligned and reflects the business’s strategy and goals.
So, our goal is to ensure a website development process that checks all these boxes with websites that have/are:
- Attractive design,
- Mobile enhanced,
- Clear messaging with calls to action on every page,
- Provide that stellar user experience we all want,
- That our clients can access and control from the beginning of the build,
- And, we do in a budget range that is often at least 40% less than bids received elsewhere.
Your website checklist
If you’re worried that your website isn’t serving you well, but aren’t quite sure what, if anything should be done about it, take a look at this checklist:
- Can you sign into your site easily?
- Can you make necessary changes (like to the address and times of operation)?
- Are your logo and images clear?
- Do you have a call to action on every page?
- Is it clear to your customers what you sell or offer?
- Do you appear knowledgeable? (That is, able to use common language to speak expertly about your product or service without using industry jargon that prospects won’t understand.)
- Is the text on your site presented in easily digestible sections and/or bullet points? (If you have pages with large chunks of text that require the user to read a considerable amount to get to your point, don’t check this box.)
- Most important: Is your site designed to match your capabilities? (Think about a tech company with a low-tech website, or a multi-degreed professional with typos throughout the content.)
Now’s the time
People are online now more than ever before; and that’s a fact that’s not expected to change. (Let’s give a hat tip to COVID for that.)
So, there’s no better time than now to make sure your website is serving you as well as it should. Let Cowtown Creative help. We offer a 30-minute complementary consultation as well as thorough website audits. Call or email us today.