What started out as a way to share personal thoughts and insights 20 years ago has turned into big business. Blogging is still the most important vehicle for content delivery for your brand, and here are 8 reasons why:
- Links. Business pages with blogs generate 97 percent more inbound links than those without blogs, directing more potential customers to your site.
- SEO. What better way to load your site with relevant and actionable links, images, and content than through blogging? All of it affects SEO, so build your online presence with regular blog posts and watch your rankings climb.
- Engagement. Setting up your blog to auto-post to social media could be the smartest way to get more engagement with your readers and prospects. Allow comments on your blog posts for even more interaction.
- Traffic. Websites with blogs get 600 percent more traffic than those without.
- Leads. Inbound SEO leads boast twice the conversion rate of any other digital leads. It makes sense; if people are searching for what you offer, a blog makes you easier to find. Your content is attracting qualified leads.
- Credibility. Blogs are a great way to share your knowledge about your industry and establish yourself as the expert.
- Customer experience. The more opportunity you give customers to interact with your voice and expertise, the more you provide an experience that builds loyalty. Customer experience IS the wave of the future, so don’t miss every opportunity to give your brand a voice and provide opportunities for interaction with your clients and prospects.
- Adaptability. Top website traffic channels include YouTube and podcasts, and a blog is a great way to incorporate a variety of media that lives on your site. Just think of all the content a single video or podcast will provide in the form of transcripts, and you’ll understand why this is important.
While it’s great if you can build a business around a blog (and many people have), it’s also essential that you build a blog around your business. Posting about 20 times a month tends to provide the best results, so write when you can and stock up on some evergreen posts to build your blog, stay engaged with readers, and stay sane in the process.